Sweepstakes Clearinghouse - Bought new dell laptop and got refurbished one

I received an add from Sweepstakes Clearing house for a new Dell laptop in December of 2009.Paid for it in installments- $500.

When it came in the mail,it was a refurbished Dell Laptop. I was incredibly disappointed, expecting a new one. There are scratches on the screen. Worn spots on the touch pad and beside it from long term use.

On the bottom you can see where labels have been removed. This is not what I paid $500 dollars for. I am going to ask for my money back.

I will never do business with this company again.

I will report this to the Better Business Bureau and the authorities.

The original ad had to be returned with my order, but it did not say anything about refurbishment any where.

More Review Details

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 17, 2014 #828581

I ordered a Dell Laptop from Sweepsstakesclearinghouse too. It arrived with scratches on it,a crack in the outside of the screen and nothing on the Harddrive. It had a validation code on the bottom for a refurbished PC. I was finally able to put a used copy of Windows 7 on it as they sent now Startup disk with it at all. Their Ad showed it would come with Windows Home Premium installed but it wasn't. I tried validating the windows I put on it with the code and it won't work.Says invalid code. I find I will have to buy a Windows 7 and code online to have a validated copy. that costs $108.00 to $112.00. The power cord to it I had to replace as it's wires were broken where it sodders on. The disk drawer didn't work. Just whirred and wouldn't read any discs.All they sent for a disc with it was a software package they valued at $500.00 which was from 2008 and outdated.I knew the PC was supposed to be refurbished but they basically have frauded me. I have bought other products from them that were quality products including a Desktop PC years ago which lasted me 13 years. I do know that the discount coupons are fraudulent because I've checked the products and what you pay after the coupon amount is deducted is the actual retail price anyway.I order only because I have the convenience of making monthly payments.Has anyone else received laptops without any startup or Windows 7 System Disc. I contacted them and they said to call their computer service department which is not a toll... Show more

May 31, 2011 #292857

Even though I am very concerned about this company, and afraid I won't receive what I ordered and paid for, I do have to say that it says very clearly in the description of the computers that they are refurbished. However, I had to be told about that by someone else before I looked for it and finally found it (in small print of course).

May 13, 2011 #285910

Yeah this is definitely your fault, you ***. The fine print was right there, and Dell didn't have anything to do with the offer, it was Publishers clearing house.

Enjoy your used computer

Feb 04, 2013 #603972 Albuquerque, New Mexico

It was not Publishers Clearinghouse.. It's Sweepstakes Clearing House.. BIG difference.. and Yes they are pulling Bait and Switch... Stay Away

Jun 17, 2014 #828582

No it is not Dells fault at all. Sweepstakesclearinghouse has a liscense to refurbish the computers . I think whoever their technician is is smoking Crack or skunk *** and isn't doing the job right. I say flail his as with a cane and brand big *** on his balls

May 06, 2011 #283205

Thank you everyone for your feed back as I was going to order the cookware and after the complaints I made my decision, not to do any business with this company,.

Jan 06, 2011 #232970

As stated, the word 'refurbished' is contained in the not-so-small print.
I wouldn't buy anything without checking the company on-line first. This website supported my misgivings...you DO indeed get what you pay for! :sigh

Aug 02, 2010 #171229

We received dell laptop and you would have thought someone ran over it. It was very used scratched up, it looked awful. We returned it and now they are saying they never received it. We have to file a claim! I will never order anything else from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse,it is clearly a RIP OFF!!!!!!!

Jun 30, 2010 #159483

To Mickey,
The add clearly states that the dell is refurbished. It says"Remanufactured to 100% performance Standards" so don't expect a new one! I you did your homework you would see that they are not selling this type of computer anymore and refurbished are the only ones available.

May 03, 2010 #139691

It says in the brochure that it was refurbished, I know this because I received the offer in the mail as well. Read the fine print before you purchase. HAHA! :grin

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.