Sweepstakes Clearinghouse 's False Advertising

I recently got this voucher in the mail for $400.00 credit to purchase supposedly a new laptop (brands stated Dell ,Compaq ,Toshiba) All I had to pat was $239.00 plus S&H ($61.35 which I did not know about until after the fact) When I received it via UPS ,the laptop was scratched & dinged which made me realize that it was refurbished.Unknown in the advertising .The laptop was charging for 24 hours .It will not turn on .My check was already cashed .

How can consumers be protected from false ads ?I am very upset Please help

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Nicole Dee

Mar 18, 2012 #451256

I agree they should let the customer know if they will owe a C.O.D. when they recieve
certain merchandise-same thing happened to me! But overall i have been pleased with the quality of the products i have ordered & (Knock on wood) haven't had any problems,sounds like maybe i just got lucky. The previous comments have made me skeptical about ever ordering again. Thanks

Mar 05, 2012 #442508 Bexley, England

you two are both as phony as the Easter bunny.. your scam business has been busted.. better start looking for work elsewhere scumbags.

Nov 23, 2011 #379126

@Rose - the insert that tells about the laptop and desktop products it says REMANUFACTURED and REFURBISHED in the descriptions, I was just looking at that. It also says 100% satisfaction guaranteed... so maybe you should send it back and either get a refund or replacement??? Good luck!

Nov 15, 2011 #375146

I've ordered many items from sweepstakes clearinghouse and been pleased with each one.I also ordered a laptop,changed my mind and sent it back,had no problem getting a refund.Happy customer.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.