Sweepstakes Clearinghouse (Scam Or Not??)

Issue not resolved
Feb 18, 2010
review #171664

I am confused.I just received information about the sweepstakes clearinghouse by mail and i would like to order the RCA Stereo System, but now i am worried after reading the complaints.

I wanted to call ahead but cannot find a customer service number anywhere on the information if received. Please someone send me a number. I don't want to send money if there is no way of contacting them.

There are too many scams out there to be just sending money without the proper information given in the packetts that they send out.I HAVE to know what's going on BEFORE any money changes hands.

b08565a
Had an experience with Sweepstakes Clearinghouse?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
jnsr

Jun 24

Just received a call saying we won 2.5 and a benz. Wanted us to send $480.00 by mail for registration and insurance on the new car. We were told to buy some pak at Walmart before they would give us the prizes

big al

May 22

Got a phone call saying I won 1.5 million and a car....just that I got send money 370 to a Place in Jamaica by a name oraine blair. Is this a scam or not

SarahS87

May 26

I got the same call but it was 2.5 mill and a brand new benz asking to send 250 dollars to this Oraine Blair. I know it was a scam because they had my name address and account # from my phone provider. Upon calling into my phone company they stated that they had not entered me into any contest or sweepstakes so b careful and dont send them anything

Daisy May

Oct 02

I got the same call. I always look at caller Id and it was from Jamacia and it was a cell phone! Do not fall for this scam. He said he was with Publisher's Clearing House. I know they show up at your house. They do not call from a cell phone in Jamaica!

gillimdebbie

May 19 Owensboro, Kentucky

i have been getting lots of phone calls telling me that i have won the sweepstrakes about 20 calls they want u to buy a green dot pak at wal mart 200.00 and they will deliver my money to me .One said i won 14 million wanted me to pay 1,200 to the blink divers for deliver

Mary

Sep 29 Bakersfield, California

Today, I got a call about $385,000 I had won and in the course of the conversation the gentleman, John, said I also needed to go to CVS Pharmacy to buy a greendot pak for $499.99. In the process of all this he said their computer system went down and they would get back to me to complete everything when the repairs were made. He has been calling me every 30 minutes to keep me updated, so I don't know if this is real or not!

hoodwinked

May 07

It's a scam.
My mother was a victim of these people.

Tickedoffnelly

Apr 25

I have ordered from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse for years. They charge the price of the item plus a few dollars more. They give yopu the vouchers but the item only cost what you'd pay after deducting the voucher amount anyhow. I know this but the convenience of making payments suited my situation. Most everything I have received has been great products. I did just receive an E6400 Laptop (refurbished) from them. It came on and I set it up as much as I could,however the bundle Disc they snet with it couldn't load. Either the DVD-RW drive isn't reading it or the disc is ***. The battery was near dead when I turned it on ,went dead and now it doesn't seem to charge at all. The power Cord /Adapter could be damaged. Basicly I read online that those type Laptops are the worst ever made when new and this is refurbished supposedly. They told me It would be set up with Windows 7 but it gives me information message that it is not a legal version. So here I sit pissed off and wondering what to do next.probably buy a power Cord/Adapter and figure out what is wrong from there. Getting a hold of Sweepstakes Clearinghouse and getting things taken care of is not easy. I think they deliberately avoid customer complaints

FAILED

May 17, 2013 Washington, District Of Columbia

IF YOU GET THOSE VOUCHERS YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST THROW YOUR MONEY IN THE GARBAGE....YOU'LL GET SECOND HAD ITEMS...LIKE LAP TOPS OR LARGED PRICE ITEMS...SURE POTS AND PANS MIGHT BE OKAY BUT YOU CAN'T USE A OLD BROKEN LAP TOP...NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM WONDER WHY :grin CUZ THEY ALREALY KNOW WHAT IS BEING SENT TO CUSTOMERS THAT TRUSTED THEM AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE BA*** TO TALK TO YOU

unhappy

May 17, 2013 Washington, District Of Columbia

said i was getting a new lap top...what i received was a used one battery dead...and no manual..it was the biggest scam i ever seen...AND THERE IS NO WAYU TO GET INTOUCH WITH THEM...CUSTOMER SERVICE LOL PHONE NUMBER LOL...they shouldn't be able to get away with it...something should be done...

tickylicky3

Apr 25

yeh! same here. Laptop,dead battery, and power cord Adapter screwed up

bullshit

Apr 16, 2013 Honolulu, Hawaii

just received 6 vouchers from sweepstakes clearing house stating I won a consolation prize ?????? mmmmmm , I don't recall entering any "sweepstakes clearing house ***. Funny though it sounds pretty close to another sweepstakes that's LEGIT ... this *** is what it is A SCAM !!!!!

Dareck

Sep 21, 2012

Just received a call saying that I've won 1.8 million.Has anyone else cashed in on this ?

John Smith

Jan 20, 2012

Sweepstakes clearinghouse S&H prices are out the roof.

DO NOT order from these people unless you like paying $250(give or take a few dollars) S&H for each item shipped.

Susan

Apr 14

Like another writer here, I've purchased several items from the company, and have never had a problem. I bought a laptop that was refurbished, but anyone who READ THE AD would have known this. It still works great 5 years later. I've priced several items from the brochures, and almost without exception the vouchers DO save you $200.
As far as contacting SC for product information, please remember it is a promotional company, NOT a retailer.
As for the $250 shipping, I've never heard of such a thing. I bought a memory foam mattress and the shipping is $35.

Craftikittti

Nov 28, 2011

Please forgive. I did post a link to the Better Business Bureau in Dallas TX. I did not mean to break a rule.. only wanted to site my reference for the contact info I found on sweepstakes clearinghouse. The Pots and Pans are a decent value although maybe not worth $489.95 NRR except at Macy's and other HIGH dollar stores.

Kim

Nov 28, 2011

I would also like to add that the QVC shopping channel and HSN both have money back guarantees,and they send you a return label to return any merchandise,even if you just change your mind,or it's not the color you really want,etc. They have a 90 day guarantee,and you can return anything you purchase now,all the way till January. :)

1-20 of 62 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.