2.7K views

I am confused. I just received information about the sweepstakes clearinghouse by mail and i would like to order the RCA Stereo System, but now i am worried after reading the complaints.

I wanted to call ahead but cannot find a customer service number anywhere on the information if received. Please someone send me a number. I don't want to send money if there is no way of contacting them.

There are too many scams out there to be just sending money without the proper information given in the packetts that they send out. I HAVE to know what's going on BEFORE any money changes hands.

Comments

I bought a ste REO and a laptop from them. They're honest company.

Not a Scam at all. I have dealt with these people for years. I have just about received every offer they carry

I bought a computer from sweepstakes clearinghouse and the hard drive said it was 100% fragmented so I called customer service and they told me to call back in 40 min so I did and they were closed I called back in the morning and they told me they could do anything for me.

I think all of us that have been ripped off by them should file a class action lawsuit. I ordered a video camera that never worked.

I wrote it off as lesson learned and they still continue to send me this ***. I put everything in the return envelope with a note stating "QUIT SENDING ME THIS ***! YOU ALREADY RIPPED ME OFF ONCE!" and send it back.

Since it's a self addressed prepaid it's at their expense. Little consolation,I know, but it makes me feel better.

What a bunch of BS! How are these scams able to continue on?

I'm so happy I had the foresight to check this Sweepstakes Clearinghouse out before ordering !! Anything that sounds too good to be true ....back away and report the scam!!!

Just received a call saying we won 2.5 and a benz. Wanted us to send $480.00 by mail for registration and insurance on the new car. We were told to buy some pak at Walmart before they would give us the prizes

Got a phone call saying I won 1.5 million and a car....just that I got send money 370 to a Place in Jamaica by a name oraine blair. Is this a scam or not

to big al #820332

I got the same call but it was 2.5 mill and a brand new benz asking to send 250 dollars to this Oraine Blair. I know it was a scam because they had my name address and account # from my phone provider. Upon calling into my phone company they stated that they had not entered me into any contest or sweepstakes so b careful and dont send them anything

to SarahS87 #879114

I got the same call. I always look at caller Id and it was from Jamacia and it was a cell phone!

Do not fall for this scam. He said he was with Publisher's Clearing House.

I know they show up at your house. They do not call from a cell phone in Jamaica!

to Daisy May Marina, California, United States #1197620

According to a representative of Publisher's Clearinghouse is that they do not call you for any reason. I received a call from a guy saying that I won the $5,000 a week forever but needed my credit card to finish processing the order. I slammed the phone down in his ear.

gillimdebbie
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States #816837

i have been getting lots of phone calls telling me that i have won the sweepstrakes about 20 calls they want u to buy a green dot pak at wal mart 200.00 and they will deliver my money to me .One said i won 14 million wanted me to pay 1,200 to the blink divers for deliver

to gillimdebbie Bakersfield, California, United States #877074

Today, I got a call about $385,000 I had won and in the course of the conversation the gentleman, John, said I also needed to go to CVS Pharmacy to buy a greendot pak for $499.99. In the process of all this he said their computer system went down and they would get back to me to complete everything when the repairs were made. He has been calling me every 30 minutes to keep me updated, so I don't know if this is real or not!

It's a scam.

My mother was a victim of these people.

gillimdebbie
to hoodwinked Owensboro, Kentucky, United States #816838

i am sorry it was a big head ack for me and i know it was for her

I have ordered from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse for years. They charge the price of the item plus a few dollars more.

They give yopu the vouchers but the item only cost what you'd pay after deducting the voucher amount anyhow. I know this but the convenience of making payments suited my situation. Most everything I have received has been great products. I did just receive an E6400 Laptop (refurbished) from them.

It came on and I set it up as much as I could,however the bundle Disc they snet with it couldn't load. Either the DVD-RW drive isn't reading it or the disc is ***. The battery was near dead when I turned it on ,went dead and now it doesn't seem to charge at all. The power Cord /Adapter could be damaged.

Basicly I read online that those type Laptops are the worst ever made when new and this is refurbished supposedly. They told me It would be set up with Windows 7 but it gives me information message that it is not a legal version. So here I sit pissed off and wondering what to do next.probably buy a power Cord/Adapter and figure out what is wrong from there.

Getting a hold of Sweepstakes Clearinghouse and getting things taken care of is not easy. I think they deliberately avoid customer complaints

IF YOU GET THOSE VOUCHERS YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST THROW YOUR MONEY IN THE GARBAGE....YOU'LL GET SECOND HAD ITEMS...LIKE LAP TOPS OR LARGED PRICE ITEMS...SURE POTS AND PANS MIGHT BE OKAY BUT YOU CAN'T USE A OLD BROKEN LAP TOP...NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM WONDER WHY :grin CUZ THEY ALREALY KNOW WHAT IS BEING SENT TO CUSTOMERS THAT TRUSTED THEM AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE BA*** TO TALK TO YOU

to FAILED Florida, United States #954357

Thanks for the heads up . Look to good to be true .

THROW AWAY THOSE VOUCHERS...THERE A SCAM WITH CAPITAL LETTERS..JUST TRY TO CALL THAT NUMBER THEY GIVE YOU...AND CUSTOMER SERVICE DOESN'T EXSIST... :cry

said i was getting a new lap top...what i received was a used one battery dead...and no manual..it was the biggest scam i ever seen...AND THERE IS NO WAYU TO GET INTOUCH WITH THEM...CUSTOMER SERVICE LOL PHONE NUMBER LOL...they shouldn't be able to get away with it...something should be done...

to unhappy #809131

yeh! same here. Laptop,dead battery, and power cord Adapter screwed up